[haiku-inc] Re: Contract Proposal: Package Management

  • From: "Ingo Weinhold" <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 11:32:57 +0200

Oliver Tappe wrote:
> On 2012-10-04 at 00:35:11 [+0200], Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 8/9/12, Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [ ... ]
> > How are things looking with respect to your current commercial projects?
>
> The current estimate is that my project will continue until mid of January
> 2013, so it looks as if I could start to work on Haiku at start of February.

My project is a bit farther along. I'm finishing up the implementation this
week and will only have to write tests and thereafter documentation. As
currently planned that should be doable until the end of November. A major
factor of uncertainty is the customer, though. They might decide that I'll have
to take over part of the implementation (plug-ins) that -- according to the
current plan -- they should do. I probably won't know for sure until November.

CU, Ingo