[haiku-inc] Re: Contract Proposal: Package Management

  • From: "Ingo Weinhold" <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 02:26:17 +0100

Matt Madia wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 5:32 AM, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > Oliver Tappe wrote:
> >> [ ... ]
> >>
> >> The current estimate is that my project will continue until mid of January
> >> 2013, so it looks as if I could start to work on Haiku at start of
> >> February.
> >
> > My project is a bit farther along. I'm finishing up the implementation this
> > week and will only have to write tests and thereafter documentation. As
> > currently planned that should be doable until the end of November
>
> Over the weekend, I'd like to post a quick blog entry on the website
> as an update for everyone. As of now, are the estimated dates still on
> track? (Ingo maybe in Dec., Oliver maybe in Feb.)

Oh, I intended to send an update these days, anyway. Some more work has been
sent my way and while not impossible, it is less likely that I'll finish my
project until the end of November. Due to that I've been rethinking my vacation
plans. Unless something unexpected happens I'll be on vacation from end of
December to end of February (yeehah! :-)). If that's OK with Haiku, Inc., I'd
start the contract work when I get back.

Unless I have misunderstood Oliver, his project end date is also looking
Februaryish, now. I find that nice, since it means we could more or less start
at the same time and work together.

CU, Ingo