[haiku-inc] Re: Contract Proposal: Package Management

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-inc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 00:10:47 +0000

On 8/9/12, Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Pretty much the same here, really: My commercial project is going to end
> somewhere near the end of this year, so I'd be interested to add two 160
> hour periods of my own working time on top of what Ingo has suggested.
> Price tag and conditions would be the same (i.e. 2000 EUR per 160h, no
> promise to deliver the 160h within a single calender month). Since Ingo
> and I are working for the same customer, the caveats Ingo has mentioned
> do apply for me, too: I can't say definitely at this point in time, but
> I think I should be able to start work in January 2013, hopefully a bit
> sooner.

Ingo & Oliver,

Both of your contract proposals have been accepted. Congratulations!

However, there are two discussion points.

Attached to this mail is a set of contractor obligations that each
of you must agree to. Most are conventions within the Haiku project.
The rest is other requirements that each of you should already be
familiar with, having done previous contracts. E.g., providing
quotable summaries to Haiku, Inc. for marketing purposes and posting
information to the project's website, so as to give casual users a
sense of the ongoing work. Let us know if they're agreeable.

A concern was raised that at the end of these contracts, package
management may be in a state where it is nearly finished but not
readily available to other contributors/package maintainers. We are
asking that if it is possible to put package management into a state
where others can help out, that would seem to be a good focal point.

--mmadia
Matt Madia
Board of Directors
Haiku, Inc.