[haiku-development] Re: mkbfs/mkfs, new filesystems initialization utility

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 14:29:48 +0200

Marco Minutoli wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 13:42:10 +0200
> Gabriele Biffi <mlist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Stefano Ceccherini wrote:

> > > AFAIK this shouldn't necessary, since the disk device api handle this
> > > already.
> >
> > So we need the user's side app only, right?
> >
> AFAIK yes, just the user app.
>
> IMO we need only the CLT because DriveSetup already has the ability of
> initialize a new filesystem and I think there is no reason to build
> another GUI program for this.

Yes, but you won't get any further with the command line tool than
DriveSetup is, because the real work is writing the disk system add-ons. I
have to read and understand better the existing code base so that I would
even know where this goes. I guess this is what you have to do as well,
start from the BFS add-on, see my other mail. :-)

Best regards,
-Stephan