[haiku-development] Re: [haiku-development]

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 10:09:35 +0100

On 21.12.2012 09:13, Efthymios Georgiadis wrote:
I think it would be better to lower the speed a bit rather than rise it.
For me it feels the same on both Haiku and BeOS. It is the first thing I
adjust on a new install.

//E.Geo

On 21 December 2012 01:53, Giovanni Mugnai <musical777@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:musical777@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    2012/12/21 Jimmy <jimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:jimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>:
     >A faster mouse speed also gives a feel of faster/better performance.

    In my opinion, Haiku, has faster and better performance compared to
    the others operative systems, without the need of increase the speed
    of mouse pointer ;-)

Guys, for the moment, this discussion is pointless, since I am almost 100% sure Haiku's drivers ignore the resolution of your mouse and your monitor's size. Which means that with the same default mouse settings, your mouse will feel too fast or too slow or just right, depending on how big your screen is and what optical resolution your mouse has.

Once Haiku's driver takes those things into account, the pointer should move the same physical distance on the screen for the same physical distance moved with the mouse.

And then we can talk about tweaking the default settings... :-)

Best regards,
-Stephan