[haiku-development] Re: Wrapping up R1 alpha 2

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 14:50:09 +0000

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 12:04, Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've just found the roadmap wiki page at
> http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/R1/ReleaseRoadMap which suggests IRQ
> routing has been pushed back to alpha 3. I think that's probably a good
> move.

Initially I placed in R1alpha3 ~7weeks ago. Sometime after that, the
issue of boot failure with certain wifi cards came to light ...seems I
never updated the page.

> What kernel_debug setting is going to be used? I assume 2 to enable
> better bug reports? I tried a build with it set to 0 and Haiku did feel
> noticeably quicker though, but it could have been my imagination.

Is it safe to assume serial debugging will also be disabled in R1 Alpha 2?

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 13:11, Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I guess this does not differ from the previous workflow, but why not
> have devs put 'Alpha2' in their commit message. The manual work of
> maintaining a wiki page is replaced with the magic of a query.

if it matters,  "+alphabranch" was used to denote a changeset to be
merged and "-alphabranch" for one to not be merged.

--mmadia