[haiku-development] Re: Wrapping up R1 alpha 2

  • From: Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 13:04:45 +0100

Ingo Weinhold wrote:
> I would like to start a vote on
> appointing me the release coordinator on Monday and, to not waste time,
> also start acting preliminarily in that position at the same time. Unless
> concerns are raised that is.

Sounds fine to me.

> Regarding the organization of the release I propose the following:
>
> * The 10th of May (Monday) is the official release date. To allow for some
> time to spread the final image to the download mirrors the final version
> should be tagged and built a day before.

I definitely like the idea of another official release soon.

I've just found the roadmap wiki page at
http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/R1/ReleaseRoadMap which suggests IRQ
routing has been pushed back to alpha 3. I think that's probably a good
move.

What kernel_debug setting is going to be used? I assume 2 to enable
better bug reports? I tried a build with it set to 0 and Haiku did feel
noticeably quicker though, but it could have been my imagination.

Simon