[haiku-development] Re: Working on Caya and Mail app for GSoC

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 22:18:52 +0200

Am 30.03.2011 22:11, schrieb Clemens:
On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 05:17:33 +1300, Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
wrote:

In fact I would be very happy if by merily using Haiku, I would have
the cool feature of automatic synchronization of the contacts in my
GMX account (the web interface) with my GoogleMail account. So yes, in
Haiku I would like to have a single group of contacts. It may be a
good idea to make it optional to integrate with each known online
contact management accounts, but in general I would find it nice if
that would be what happens. It's not obfuscation, IMHO, I can imagine
ways of staying in control of this feature. For example, the FS could
provide the merged view of all online contact storage locations. Per
location, it could be possible to check "automatically publish all
shared contacts in this account" and another option to "automatically
publish all contacts from this account in other accounts". The FS
could even flag each contact with the account it came from, so one can
do simple filtering in Tracker.

We already have a merged view of all contacts! It called queries and is
already integrated into tracker :-)

This will likely not solve the problem that the same contact exists in multiple sources, possibly with different contant details filled out.

Best regards,
-Stephan