[haiku-development] Re: Working on Caya and Mail app for GSoC

  • From: François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 12:39:17 +0200

Le 30 mars 2011 à 01:27, Barrett a écrit :

> I don't see any good point to make a "jabber-fs"...seems more reasonable for
> me an api for third party apps as described in previous posts...

OTH I still have a "besharefs" on my TODO list :p

>> A bit off topic: we really should think about such a net service FS
>> infrastructure with local caching. Another use-case would be picasa/flickr
>> FS (here an option to flush the download cache would be needed).
>>

> Could be useful an addon api around the services kit? Theoretically there's
> no need to make every "service" to be a userland filesystem...but instead an
> addon API can provide a "general virtual filesystem creator" where addons
> puts their data accordingly. What do you think?

Yes, I had this in mind for a while now, primarily to implement a W-O-N / Net
Neighbourhood like fs to publish things like probed scanners, printers,
machines with their exported shares... and a kit to use things like BDataIO to
publish them as files.

Would make a nice GSoC project I suppose :)

François.