[haiku-development] Re: Terminal patch

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 18:42:10 +0100

Marcus Jacob <rossi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm currently on the road, but I'll rework the patch over the next week
> to take out the pseudo session management, unless enabled by a
> commandline option (or if I also find the time do extend the preferences
> UI by a preferences setting).
>
> However before I invest the additional time, I would like to know whether
> you guys are than happy to integrate it, as I don't want to do dead work,
> which isn't going to be used?

Yeah, sure! If the --session argument restores all Terminals in their
workspaces and at their locations, that'd be great. It's just important
that we don't get default behavior that isn't self-explanatory in some
situations. And the "just open another Terminal here" use-case seems to be
quite common. And in that sitation, the Terminals popping up at seemingly
random locations, depending on what numbering happens to be matched from a
just happens to fit the use-case perfectly, where you just want to have all
Terminals restored.

Best regards,
-Stephan