[haiku-development] Re: Terminal patch

  • From: Marcus Jacob <rossi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 17:28:47 +0100

Hi again,

I'm currently on the road, but I'll rework the patch over the next week to take out the pseudo session management, unless enabled by a commandline option (or if I also find the time do extend the preferences UI by a preferences setting).

However before I invest the additional time, I would like to know whether you guys are than happy to integrate it, as I don't want to do dead work, which isn't going to be used?

Sorry for the top posting again, still writing from a cell phone.

Cheers,
Rossi

- via e-mail push -

On 29.01.2009, at 00:38, "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm with Clemens here, for two reasons:
simple behavior and simple code.

Same here. I would be okay with the patch if it only worked when
passing a command line argument "--session" or something like that, and
if it then automatically save and restore *all* Terminals at once.
Everything else would just be too strange to be useful.

Bye,
  Axel.