[haiku-development] Re: Terminal patch

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 20:33:22 +0100 CET

rossi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Here you go, patch attached. Terminal now remembers the last position
> (based on when it was closed) including its workspace.

So that's pretty much session management without remembering the
current working directory, right?
(so close ;-))

When you close the Terminals one by one manually, only the position of
the last one is preserved, right? And then, I would find it pretty odd,
if the workspace of the previous location will be used.
I don't think this should be the default behaviour, unless we introduce
session management. I think this should better be enabled by a command
line argument, so that you can always use the session mode if you
prefer to do so.

In any case, thanks for your work!

Bye,
   Axel.