[haiku-development] Re: Switch to Clang or GCC 4.9?

  • From: Jonathan Schleifer <js-haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 22:29:14 +0200

Am 25.04.2014 um 23:22 schrieb Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>:

> Good question. It was introduced quite a while ago [1] and dragged along ever
> since. Might no longer be needed.
>
> BTW, there's a relatively old clang __cxa_exit() related, open ticket [2].
>
> CU, Ingo
>
> [1]
> http://cgit.haiku-os.org/haiku/commit/?id=bbb6f2d463d19a76ca7433b2a4622d166005b2e1
> [2] https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/6793

Well, [1] is kernel code. The crashes on exit were in the userland. All kernel
code worked fine. Except one thing: It would hang in VMware if SMP is enabled
for  the Haiku Kernel if the bootloader (not the kernel!) has been built with
Clang.

That said, I'm not sure if the userspace code is built with -fno-cxa-atexit. I
never looked into it, though planned to do so at some point. I want to
highlight that all I know is that it's somehow related to global dtors,
everything after that (wrong order, wrong flags, etc.) is pure speculation.

--
Jonathan