[haiku-development] Re: Should these be implemented?

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 13:29:15 -0400

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 6:29 AM, Alexandre Deckner<alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Concerning part of my comment in the ticket, now that i use Haiku very
> often, i'm still not used to the current situation.
> And i know there is the shortcut (which can stay alt-I btw), but it's not
> really a reason to make the mouse usage unpractical.
> My last arguments on the matter :)

I would be OK with changing it to Properties since as I said I'm used
to it from Windows (and GNOME on Ubuntu.) I would then suggest
changing the shortcut to Alt-P but leave Alt-I as a hidden shortcut
for the same thing.

At the same time I could adapt to "Get Info". From my recent
experience it doesn't take that long to retrain muscle memory (for
example I find myself hitting Ctrl-Tab instead of Alt-Tab in Linux
after using Haiku for a bit.)

--
Regards,
Ryan