[haiku-development] Re: Should these be implemented?

  • From: Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 18:01:30 +0200

Axel Dörfler wrote:

On Windows, and Linux (which usually just copies Windows), yes. That alone is no reason (for me) to change something, though :-)
True true... i'll always agree with that! Although some standardization
across platforms never hurts, we don't want to be completely alien either,
unless we have a really better solution.

Same here; now that I often use Linux, I still have to search for "Properties" over and over, and I'm always annoyed it's so far away from my current pointer position.
Hmm, not sure i get you... anyway there was actually a reasoning:
I rarely find mouse distance to be a problem (within reasonable bounds).
On the other hand, i tend to loose time when trying to find an item
visually, and i find that the first and the last items are the quickest
to find. When i know that an item is at the bottom, i read from bottom
to top, and thus, the last is just as quick to reach as the first.
Weird eh..

Alex