[haiku-development] Re: Set*UIColor Version 3b Patch

  • From: looncraz <looncraz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 09:05:55 -0600

On 11/17/2015 01:19, Axel Dörfler wrote:

Am 16/11/2015 um 22:16 schrieb looncraz:
Patience is a virtue :-)
I'm trying ;-)
We suck at having time, and we also suck at having time for reviewing someone else's work. Applying any patches without proper review is not a good idea, and can lead to things like an unbootable system [1].
Agreed, I could certainly have borked something somewhere without know it.

I did give some arguments about things I didn't like with the previous patch. I don't think you changed any of these things yet. However, I don't think this should prevent merging your changes.
I'm pretty sure I addressed them all, actually.

The only exception is I still use BTextView in the list for HaikuDepot. It can easily be switched out once the integrated text system is made to be flexible enough to have custom colors set and changed properly.

I will try to keep an eye on commits that need me to adapt again (I think your mail app changes may be such an example).

--The loon