[haiku-development] Re: Set a custom icon for a BAlert

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 12:32:21 -0400

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> You really honestly think that an application like WebPositive, which
>> is now included with Haiku, will only be updated within an OS update?
>> Really?
>
> Sure. It simply doesn't matter if only WebPositive changed or not, you will
> run a new (point) release from Haiku from then on.

If that can be done right, and uses an efficient mechanism for updates
(like binary diffs of packages), I think it might be OK, as long as
point updates are done in a reasonable time frame (which is the real
area of concern and probably a whole bike shed discussion of its own.)

Like most things we can discuss this all day but it can really only
judged once it is implemented. But of course I guess we need to know
what we want to implement before we do so ;)

--
Regards,
Ryan