[haiku-development] Re: Separate shortcut spaces

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 11:32:59 +0100

Matt schrieb:
It just happened so that I booted into Ubuntu. Session management is pretty
broken in 8.04, but virtually doesn't work at all in 8.10. Anyways, in 8.04,
windows are mostly not where you left them in the last session. So when I
just booted, a Terminal window had it's title bar underneath the top Gnome
panel. I couldn't figure out a way to get that window back down. I typed
exit in the Terminal and launched another one...

Best regards,
-Stephan

That's where holding down halt and left dragging anywhere on the
window would have helped - it's remarkably useful not having to move
your cursor to a specific part of the window to move it!

Ah! I will try to keep that in mind. Though it shows how hidden features are often not helpful if you don't already know about them.

Best regards,
-Stephan