[haiku-development] Re: Separate shortcut spaces

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 21:22:12 +0100

Humdinger schrieb:
Stephan Aßmus wrote:
WonderBrush actually uses each modifier key on the left side of the keyboard for some modification of the behavior of the path editor tool.

Maybe the Haiku Interface Guidelines (http://factory.haiku-os.org/documentation/HIG/) should reserve at least one key as system modifier then. I'm sure we'll need it if we want to advance the user interface in the future, see the Stack&Tile feature and Move&Resize as discussed here.

Hm. That suggestion has some appeal. :-)

Problem remains... can we agree on the best modifier to use for such stuff? I tend to think the "Windows key" is the least pre-occupied. And it has some ring to it to reserve the "Windows key" for window operations... ;-)

Best regards,
-Stephan