[haiku-development] Re: RoundRect ButtonFrame

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 17:52:23 +0200

On 25.03.2012 19:53, Joseph Groover wrote:
On 3/25/2012 10:44, Axel Dörfler wrote:
On 23.03.2012 18:31, pulkomandy wrote:
IIRC, the plan for BControlLook was to make it replaceable like
decorators.
Nope, it wasn't. Theme support has always been considered
counterproductive, as it works against the goal of having a
recognizable distinct UI.
But, I do distinctly remember speaking to someone (I thought it was you,
to be honest) when the app_server was being written that full decoration
was the plan (using add-on written in C++). Seeing the decorators are
that way, and the centralization of the drawing code, it only seemed
logical that theming was the original intent...

Jon Yoder originally wrote the app_server, including the decorators. I just left those around when I worked on it, pretty much unchanged (and broken). I think it was Adrien who fixed them years later.

Besides that, the app_server has nothing to do with how controls are drawn. This is entirely solved client side, via BControlLook thanks to Stephan.

Bye,
   Axel.