[haiku-development] Re: RoundRect ButtonFrame

  • From: Clemens Zeidler <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 09:42:17 +1300

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 09:13:51 +1300, John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

To Stippi or whomever would like to answer this question:

Would be doable to add a flag to DrawButtonFrame() in ControlLook to
draw a button that is a round rect instead of a plain rectangle?

I've looked at the code and done a few experiments trying to add the
feature but each time I come across a different issue. It would be
really easy if I could use the StrokeRoundRect() method from BView in
the right place.

There are a couple of places that I'd like to use round rect buttons
instead of rectangular buttons and I was hoping to get some help about
how to best approach the problem.

just a quick guess but why not implement it in:
http://haiku.it.su.se:8180/source/xref/src/kits/interface/ControlLook.cpp#DrawButtonFrame

Just derive from BControlLook and change it there. Then set be_control_look to point to your derived class, right?

Regards,
        Clemens