[haiku-development] Re: [RFC] Rewriting the main website from Drupal to Hugo

  • From: "Adrien Destugues" <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 14:52:40 +0000

I also find it ironic for Haiku developers on this thread so concerned
about the website forum when most of the developers find it to be a
hassle and never read it.

I do read it, and I'm subscribed to new topic notifications.

This is one case where we managed to separate things properly, with the
haiku-development mailing list and the bugtracker being more targetted to
technical discussions, and the forum being used for user support and general
discussion, as well as annoucement of new software from community members, etc.

This makes the forum important also for people who don't want to read it and
want to get the technical discussions only.

Moreover, the current proposal also says the "forum" system will also be used
for article/blogpost comment, making it even more important.

--
Adrien.