[haiku-development] Re: [RFC] Rewriting the main website from Drupal to Hugo

  • From: Brian Hague <alphaseinor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 11:24:31 -0600

hey,

Just my 2 cents... I lurk on the forums and post occasionally and would
love to see PHPBB considered.

PHPBB integrates nicely with Drupal from what I remember it is a very
popular forum/bulletin board. This could lead to easier maintenance and
support from the PHPBB community as well as the drupal community.

Copy/Pasta from their module page for Drupal...

Features:
phpBB can be completely embedded inside Drupal.
phpBB topics can be created from nodes.
phpBB comments instead of Drupal comments.
Can be used on a working site and forum with existing users.
Authentication and synchronization in both directions.
Automatic creation of users.
Synchronization of account info, such as user names, passwords, emails,
signatures, and avatars (synchronization is disabled for the Drupal
administrator and phpBB administrator for security).
Synchronization of profile information from Profile.
Synchronization of CCK profile fields from Content Profile.
Synchronization of roles and groups.
Support for Drupal forum signatures, avatars, and birthdays.
The forum can be displayed in a full window, in a frame inside Drupal, or
in a Drupal page (except for ACP).

Not sure if this helps or hurts

si-ja

-alphaseinor