[haiku-development] Re: [RFC] Rewriting the main website from Drupal to Hugo

  • From: waddlesplash <waddlesplash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku Development ML <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 11:57:56 -0500

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 10:10 AM, Alexander von Gluck IV
<kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

For me this is a turn-off.
haiku-os.org is more than a website, we have a community built around it. It
sounds with Hugo we would
be moving to "official static / approved Haiku stuff" with a side forum
bolted on for the community.

I assume we also lose community interaction like comments on articles, etc?

No, we can provide those via embedding a forum thread at the bottom of
all places where we would have had articles (Disqus-style). Not that
difficult, and essentially is the same to users.

-waddlesplash