[haiku-development] Re: [RFC / Important] Removing extra architectures

  • From: "Ithamar R. Adema" <ithamar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 10:37:27 +0100

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 10:31 AM, Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> I'm not saying the following is a good compromise, but it is my POV:
> With Ithamar, the person who has put most effort into the ARM port has
> already stated that he's just fine with doing his work externally, and the
> PPC port doesn't actually have a maintainer. As a result, I'm all for
> moving everything but x86-based ports to github or any other external
> playground.

+1, and additionally, I think the line for a "usable" port should be on
wether or not it can start a piece of userland,  even if it is just bash.
This would indicate a pretty complete kernel and user land setup, while it
being able to "bootstrap" pretty much only says the cross compiler can
build and there are enough stubs to make it all link ;)

Ithamar.