[haiku-development] Re: [RFC] ARM target support

  • From: Ralf Schülke <ralf.schuelke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2014 20:27:19 +0200

I think the ARM world is little bit other then x86.

The ARMv7 CPU can we used for minimum, but i think ARMv8 are better
for the future. I see ARM developer board Juno look good.
http://www.arm.com/products/tools/development-boards/versatile-express/juno-arm-development-platform.php

General i think it's better for Haiku we use two cpu arch AMD64 and ARMv8.

The most ARM will used as SOC, to its good we have a basicly arch eg
ARMv8 and can it used as "template", so can we do "arch_soc" by the
name of SOC.

eg: ARMv7

arch/arm/v7/*
arch/arm_v7/soc/omap/*
arch/arm_v7/soc/tegra/*

The booting process can used the arch_soc and the arch/arm/v7 can used
for arch_soc (arm_v7/soc/)

Its not too late for haiku :-) we need more focus on 64bit stuff, the
on of the best feature of beos has, " Less Hindered by Backward
Compatibility "

stargater