[haiku-development] Re: [RFC] ARM target support

  • From: "Ithamar R. Adema" <ithamar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2014 23:22:21 +0200

Hi Stephen,

On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 11:13 PM, Stephen Hite <steveh2009@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Technical reasons aside, why wouldn't the Pi become the #1 focus for an
> ARM port?   They just surpassed 3 million in sales.   That's a lot of
> potential for the organic growth of Haiku.

I agree it is an interesting target, though it might have already been
replaced by a ARMv7+ SoC by time we get our ARM port far enough ;)
However, the Pi is truly the only reason I'm even including ARMv6 support,
it is indeed a very popular device _still_ and does not seem to be losing
too much momentum to other similar (ARMv7) boards.

Now if they could only get a full proper QEMU implementation for it, that
would really make my day. Guess I'll have to consider using real hw... But
development on an emulator is so much more comfortable in these early
stages...

Ithamar.