[haiku-development] Re: Question : Haiku + Transmission

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 10:31:50 -0500

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 7:57 AM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> I remember talking briefly about the subject with Ingo. Basically,
>> IPv6 is not yet
>> available by all providers. So the IPv6 code paths must be used
>> optionally in
>> Transmission. Otherwise the client would not work on most setups,
>> right?
>> So why is IPv6 being made a requirement at compile time?
>
> That basically just means that the OS must provide the headers at
> compile time; since the client cannot use IPv6 yet, we do not have to
> provide actual functionality.
> I don't think this would be much work, and we need those headers anyway
> at some point (and eventually a few function stubs).

It isn't a requirement at compile time, but rather throughout the codebase.
The source files themselves are assuming IPv6 support.
Here is the current file that fails to build :
http://trac.transmissionbt.com/browser/trunk/libtransmission/net.c

Here are some other files that mention "INET6":
http://trac.transmissionbt.com/browser/trunk/libtransmission/blocklist.c
http://trac.transmissionbt.com/browser/trunk/libtransmission/fdlimit.c
http://trac.transmissionbt.com/browser/trunk/libtransmission/net.h
http://trac.transmissionbt.com/browser/trunk/libtransmission/peer-mgr.c