[haiku-development] Re: Question : Haiku + Transmission

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 10:04:06 +0100

Hi,

>  Charles Kerr, a developer for Transmission the bittorrent client
> asked me about the progress of porting the current 1.51+ svn trunk in
> Haiku.
>
> Basically, v1.51+ has hard-coded support for IPv6.
>
> I'm not asking for IPv6 support, just some possible courses of action
> that can be suggested to Charles.

I remember talking briefly about the subject with Ingo. Basically, IPv6 is not
yet available by all providers. So the IPv6 code paths must be used optionally
in Transmission. Otherwise the client would not work on most setups, right? So
why is IPv6 being made a requirement at compile time?

Best regards,
-Stephan