[haiku-development] Re: Question : Haiku + Transmission

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 13:57:50 +0100 CET

"Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> >  Charles Kerr, a developer for Transmission the bittorrent client
> > asked me about the progress of porting the current 1.51+ svn trunk
> > in
> > Haiku.
> >
> > Basically, v1.51+ has hard-coded support for IPv6.
> >
> > I'm not asking for IPv6 support, just some possible courses of
> > action
> > that can be suggested to Charles.
> I remember talking briefly about the subject with Ingo. Basically,
> IPv6 is not yet
> available by all providers. So the IPv6 code paths must be used
> optionally in
> Transmission. Otherwise the client would not work on most setups,
> right?
> So why is IPv6 being made a requirement at compile time?

That basically just means that the OS must provide the headers at
compile time; since the client cannot use IPv6 yet, we do not have to
provide actual functionality.
I don't think this would be much work, and we need those headers anyway
at some point (and eventually a few function stubs).

Bye,
   Axel.