[haiku-development] Re: Question : Haiku + Transmission

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 16:03:18 -0500

On Sat, Mar 7, 2009 at 2:05 PM, Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Not to derail the conversation, but another option for BitTorrent
> might be libtorrent and rtorrent. I have been using these for years on
> Linux with no problems. The latter is a Curses client program, so not
> the most user friendly, but if the former was ported some simple
> client GUI applications could be created (I had wanted to use it in a
> Download Manager application.)

Is that libtorrent the libtorrent contained in Transmission ?

Also for Transmission, either a c++ or python+bethon gui could be made
to utilize transmission's documented RPC.
RPC : http://trac.transmissionbt.com/browser/branches/1.4x/doc/rpc-spec.txt

I'm only suggesting python as it is one of the few languages i feel
competent writing in.  :)

Until that point, there is a web-client and a cli transmission-remote
for manipulating the daemon.

--mmadia