[haiku-development] Re: New way to access subversion for developers

  • From: "Michael Lotz" <mmlr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 23:06:33 +0200

Hi all

I've compiled a libneon that includes SSL support now. Sadly this was
not quite enough, because there seems to be a bug in our SVN binary
that makes it impossible to accept the self signed BerliOS certificate
the first time you use it. Therefore I have come up with a terrible
hack that is an SVN binary that simply always accepts untrusted
certificates. This binary should be used once to accept the
certificate, after that the normal binary can be used as usual. I have
packaged everything up in a zip available at
http://haiku.mlotz.ch/svn-https-bone.zip
that includes a readme file detailing the steps to take to switch to
the https based write access. Please note that the libneon included in
that package is BONE specific, so can only be used with BONE and up.
Also it will require an OpenSSL installation providing the libraries
(probably already there, otherwise there is one on BeBits). If someone
could compile a libneon with SSL support for net_server that would
probably be a good idea, I cannot do so myself as I don't have any
plain R5 installs around.

Regards
Michael