[haiku-development] Re: New Haiku IDE

  • From: Gabriele Biffi <mlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 16:14:25 +0200

Ryan Leavengood wrote:

Oh boy, it looks like IDEs for Haiku are becoming quite common ;)

Though I suppose each has it's own specific focuses and strengths
(Caitlin's is mainly a good editor, SHINTA is going in the direction
of Visual C++, Paladin is like a new BeIDE and I'm not sure about
HIDE's focus.)

Is anyone going the Borland C++Builder/Delphi way? They were my all-time favorites.

A couple years ago they (can't remember who owns them now) offered free editions for download. C++Builder was wearing the venerable Turbo C++ brand. Unfortunately they are far from the quality of late '90s versions, but I suggest to try them out.

So more choice the better!

In the global vision yes, but if Haiku is going to bundle an IDE, it should be just one.

Gabriele - www.biffuz.it