[haiku-development] Re: New Haiku IDE

  • From: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 12:00:27 -0300

Stephan Assmus wrote:

Unfortunately this is wishful thinking. People will work on whatever they want to. I am not seeing a coordinated effort would not be good tough. I am just saying that it is very unlikely it would happen and, meanwhile, I welcome any good quality product that comes to the platform. No matter how many different versions of it. :)

Hm, but it never hurts to point out that collaboration is a good thing, does it? ;-)

Of course not. I was just pointing out that "we should consolidate all IDEs" is wishful thinking.

Obviously, each single developer of each respective IDE is welcoming help. Why else would Caitlin for example include an introduction to the code design? But what good is it if each IDE project is not getting any help, exactly because every developer interested in Haiku and an IDE is already occupied with their own IDE project? That's just pretty unfortunate.

Yes, but, again: people will work on whatever they want. Someone will be more tha n happy to work with other projects but the reason they decided to work on whatever they are doing is a very personal one.

Heck, we are writing yet another OS! Why aren't we helping Linux? :)

-Bruno