[haiku-development] Re: Mercurial

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 17:13:35 +0100

On 2010-03-12 at 16:34:28 [+0100], John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> I would like to see the Haiku project move from subversion to a
> distributed version control system such as git or mercurial for purely
> selfish reasons. Distributed version control systems allow for a more
> laissez faire approach to source control which is better for me (if
> not better for the project).
[...]

There are several "casual contributors" and developers who don't (yet) have
commit access. I believe it would benefit the project, if we simplified
things for them and also simplified the patch related workflow. E.g. it
would be nice, if Trac could present an overview of pending patches, help
with reviewing them, and maybe even provide a "Commit" (and "Test build and
commit" :-)) button.

CU, Ingo