[haiku-development] Re: Mercurial

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 10:13:18 +0100

On 2010-03-11 at 14:32:44 [+0100], Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> I think you are under an assumption that there is an eminent switch to
> another revision control system and that Mercurial has a preference.
> Neither discussion is being held at the moment, so there is no reason
> to discuss whether a probable future SCM is compatible with your
> favorite one.

It would be nice to consider switching to a distributed system in the not so
distant future. Subversion works pretty well for people with commit access,
but distributed systems make it easier to work with people without commit
access. Maybe after alpha 2 release would be a good time for such a
discussion.

> [The reason a hg.haiku-os.org was set up is mostly historic; it was
> used by Waldemar Kornewald to keep track of his changes to Trac. When
> we (haiku sysadmins) moved to the new server, we migrated the hg
> repositories as well and Ingo set up the hg source mirror as an extra
> service. There was never an endorsement]

I believe Oliver is to credit for setting up the hg mirror.

CU, Ingo