[haiku-development] Re: INPUT / VOTE : --include-gpl-addons

  • From: Jérôme Duval <korli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 14:17:34 +0200

2009/8/20 Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>:
> grant us an exception. Some of them probably didn't even know the GPL
> would be so strict, others might consciously choose to give us an
> exception.

That's why, a while back, I asked Echo Audio if they could change the
license for their opensource driver to LGPL.
They were not aware of the problem with the GPL for loaded and linked
modules as well. Echo accepted to change the licensing to LGPL for
this reason. This is in fact weird for libs and drivers to choose such
a restrictive license.

Bye,
Jérôme