[haiku-development] Re: Haiku R1/alpha discussion proposals

  • From: "Ithamar R. Adema" <ithamar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 19:32:40 +0200

Hi,

Donn Cave wrote:
Some developers may need to acquire new hardware in order to run
Haiku, and a list of hardware that works might make the difference
between developer and would-have-been developer.  Or at worst, a
list of hardware that doesn't work could save some would-have-been
developers some frustration.
The problem with HCLs is that they either too limited (e.g. only actual tested hardware), or they're based on what the code says (potentially wrong). If we want to do this, start with a list of hardware based on the driver code, and let users ack/nack/add to that.

I'm willing to try and find the time to go through the drivers and create something like an spreadsheet listing hardware that _should_ be supported, if wanted.

HTH,

Ithamar.