[haiku-development] Re: Haiku, Inc. in Contempt of Its Community

  • From: "Thomas Mueller" <mueller6723@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 09:19:05 +0000

> Absurd argument. I'm not a developer of Linux, although I use it all the
> time, and I put scripts and binaries wherever I please quite frequently.

Kacpeer Kasper responded:
> Absurd as well. By non-developers Augustin meant people who do not
> develop SOFTWARE, not just Haiku.
> If you do that, you're either software developer or power user, and
> both in my opinion do not fit the definition of "end user" we are
> talking about here.

One can say everybody who uses Haiku is a power user.  That also applies to
Linux and the BSDs.

Non-power-users just go along with the crowd and stick with MS-Windows that
most PCs come preinstalled with.

In any case, one can create an extra directory such as /extra, /opt, or
~/mystuff especially for a nonroot user.

Tom