[haiku-development] Re: Haiku, Inc. in Contempt of Its Community

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 14:37:05 -0800

[Probably ought to change the subject line by now, but as this is
a follow-up...]
On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 12:08:14PM -0800, pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> [.....]  I wasn't even
> aware that the 'finddir' command existed!  I've never seen it documented.
>
> I've been trying to find an 'Install' script or something that used it in all
> the apps
> I've downloaded over the years, but have so far failed.

Eh.  Slight embarassment... (:-))  I did a "find ... grep finddir" over my
entire old BeOS filesystem, and I did locate one use...

...In the Install script of my own "CAPSLOCK" utility from a couple of years
ago!!!

 No idea how I came to use it (I suspect I was copying something, or there
was a discussion of the topic around then), or why I completely forgot I'd
done so, but that's irrelevant as it's broken anyway.  I had used:

   finddir B_USER_ADDONS_DIRECTORY

which is of course now read-only!

OTOH, I found quite a few uses of fixed paths in install scripts.

        -- Pete --