[haiku-development] Re: HAIKU in Q on MAC OS X

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 16:29:54 -0700

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 4:23 PM, Michael Crawford <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> It shouldn't be hard to add support for such images to the various
> Open Source VMs; one of us could do it and submit patches to each of
> the VM projects.

I would think VMs would the the last place we really care about for real
Haiku usage. It's only convenient at the moment for testing/development, but
I don't know a lot of people chomping at the bit to run Haiku in a VM rather
than real physical hardware. First and foremost, we need a format that can
be booted on almost all cd-bootable hardware out there (ISO-9660+El-Torito
comes to mind), and secondly, it should be easy to burn using nearly any cd
burning software a user might be using (again, ISO+El-Torito comes to mind).

In the end, it seems there's really only one real logical choice...