[haiku-development] Re: HAIKU in Q on MAC OS X

  • From: "Michael Crawford" <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 14:15:36 -0700

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 12:55 PM, Arnold <arnoldvanh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hope this one is directed to the right mailinglist.
> I Just tried HAIKU under Q on MAC OS X.

A while back I wrote a HOWTO for getting BeOS to run under Q.

The problem is that the bootloader can't find the CD drive, apparently
because the BeOS bootloader uses the CD in some way that most other
operating systems don't, and so isn't emulated by Q.

The workaround is to install BeOS on a physical drive, then use Linux
dd and sfdisk to copy the BeOS partition to a regular file and give it
a one-partition partition map.

It's quite painful, but works great.

Single-Machine Cross-Platform Development Through CPU Emulation
http://www.oggfrog.com/howto/emulators/

I wrote that a long time ago.  Possibly Q has fixed the CD drive problem by now.

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford
mdcrawford at gmail dot com

   Enjoy my art, photography, music and writing at
http://www.geometricvisions.com/
        --- Free Compact Disc ---