[haiku-development] Re: Compatibility breakage: wchar_t -> long int

  • From: Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko+haiku@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 22:33:05 -0400

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 2:28 PM, Axel Dörfler<axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Maybe we should just deploy the wchar_t changes now? In theory, none of
> the existing packages should have a problem, as wchar support was
> broken anyway, and it would simplify the task of redoing the packages.

If nobody else feels up to it, I could probably build and repackage
the GCC 4.3.3 Optional Package with the recent locale search path and
wchar changes in place.  I might not be able to get around to that
until the end of the weekend or early next week though.  I haven't
done a full GCC4 build of any sort in over a month, but I think I
remember all of the little tricks to have it go smoothly (basically
dealing with PCH and compare issues).

If nobody gets to it before me, I may submit a ticket/patch later
tonight or tomorrow to get the buildtools all up to date with the
aforementioned changes as well.  I realize Oliver may want to do that
himself though, but if he doesn't get to it, I'll submit a ticket when
I have that all ready on my end.

- joe

PS: I could probably do GCC2 as well, but I admit I have no experience
building it.