[haiku-development] Re: Compatibility breakage: wchar_t -> long int

  • From: Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko+haiku@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 14:56:44 +0000

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 2:30 PM, Urias McCullough<umccullough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 1:46 AM, scott mc<scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Funny you should mention python-2.6.2, i just built it with your wchar fix
>> in place, but seems no new tests have passed.  I thought it might affect
>> test_mhlib.py but it didn't.
>
> Won't we need a new gcc toolchain for Haiku before we can compile new
> optional packages with it?

That would probably help, seeing as just having some changes in Haiku
locally isn't going to cut it.  :)

About all you can do now is cross-compile Haiku with the wchar changes
in place. For the vast majority (as in people who don't build GCC from
scratch), rebuilding the other optional packages will have to wait
until new GCC2 and GCC4 development packages are available.

When GCC 4.4.1 comes out, I already have a diff ready to implement the
necessary changes for when I do a rebuild of the whole thing.

- joe