[haiku-development] Re: Boot Screen Not Displayed with Various Video Chips

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 15:39:05 -0700

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 3:10 PM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Also the horizontal frequency seems low for 1280x1024 with a refresh
> > rate of 87 Hz unless the chip is generating an interleaved display.
> > Otherwise the horizontal frequency should be double what it is.
>
> We're using VESA modes only during startup, so the modes shouldn't be
> that off.
> Have you tried to switch to different modes with the VESA drivers on
> these chips?

I went back and checked, and it was specifically this commit (r26762) that
started causing a few issues for me:

http://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/haiku-commits/2008-August/015932.html

I'm guessing it was specifically this part:

-               if (timing.pixel_clock <= 0 || timing.sync != 3)
+               if (timing.pixel_clock <= 0/* || timing.sync != 3*/)

I'm wondering if reverting that line might fix it?

- Urias