[haiku-development] Re: Beta1 and R1 release plan

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2014 21:45:14 +0100

On 11/02/2014 06:54 PM, Jérôme Duval wrote:
During the BeGeistert coding sprint we had a long discussion with Ingo,
Oliver and Ithamar about the future of Haiku and the problems we have
with getting releases out. We have reached an agreement on this and we
would like to propose a plan to finally get R1 out and move on to the next
steps of development.

+1 except I think the R1 branch could also see new features. I don't
see any reason why R1.1 should only be a fixes-only release.

Well, I believe once we open the post R1 branch for C++11 features that train has gone anyone. Porting back bugfixes is one thing, but doing that for larger code changes that use C++11 is a lot of thankless work. I kind of doubt that anyone would want to do that, but that really isn't something we need to discuss now.

CU, Ingo