[haiku-development] Re: BAboutWindow lifecycle

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 15:13:15 -0700

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 3:03 PM, John Scipione <jscipione@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If we can get the benefits of a shallow interface like BAlert without
> the downsides of modality I say great, but I don't see how that's
> possible. How does making the window a Singleton work?

I understand that a lot of people hate modal windows - but what I find
difficult to understand is a desire to bring up an About window and
then leave it open while you continue working in the application that
launched it.

A singleton is a class that can only be instantiated once at any given time...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singleton_pattern

- Urias