[haiku-development] Re: Working on rolling some Haiku code into Mesa3D

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 19:41:14 -0400

Alexander von Gluck IV wrote:
I've finally pinned down some code that can transition into the Mesa3D / Gallium3D projects for Haiku. My plan at the moment is to try and move the winsys code and some of the GL screen initialization code into Mesa.

If you have entirely too much time on your hands you can see my progress on the Mesa code here:
https://github.com/kallisti5/mesa-haiku

The plans I have at the moment would mean that the following code would be 100% absorbed into Mesa: http://cgit.haiku-os.org/haiku/tree/src/add-ons/opengl/swpipe/bitmap_wrapper.cpp http://cgit.haiku-os.org/haiku/tree/src/add-ons/opengl/swpipe/SoftwareWinsys.cpp

And the following file would see reductions in code and rely on functions within Mesa: http://cgit.haiku-os.org/haiku/tree/src/add-ons/opengl/swpipe/GalliumContext.cpp

I've reached out to Artur to ask to re-license under the Mesa "as-is" license.

Mainline Mesa + Haiku won't see any commits until i've proven that the changes work.

in my best Mr Burns voice

excellent !

Sean