[haiku-development] Re: BAboutWindow lifecycle

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 21:48:23 +0200

Am 29/04/2013 19:55, schrieb pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:
[...]
and bring it to the current workspace and/or activating it. I can see no
easy way of doing that if the application does not keep a reference to the
window, and since the window can quit itself, I don't see how the app could
make sure the reference is still valid.

While I see absolutely no problem in making the about window modal (all of those we had were, anyway), if it would really be wanted, you could make it a singleton that keeps a BMessenger of its instance around.

I pointed out those QuitRequested() problems to John in another case, already, but that was probably after the fact.

I wanted to make sure it's ok to do these changes, as it will need
reworking all BAboutWindow users in our source tree. Is everyone ok with
these changes?

There really is a default for AboutRequested()? If so, using BAboutWindow surely wouldn't hurt.

Bye,
   Axel.