[haiku-development] Re: BAboutWindow lifecycle

  • From: pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 22:32:08 +0200

> > How is it okay? The app is not waiting on user input so a modal dialog
> > is wrong. Maybe excusable because it's supposedly short-lived but this
> > is just not the kind of tradeoff we should be making.

Ok, I went with minimal changes and only removed the QuitRequested hack.
Instead I added a static method GetWindow in the BAboutWindow class. This
will return the existing window, if there is one, or a new window if there is
not. This gets us behaviour close to what was there before, allows the window
to close, and remove the fAboutWindow field from callers, making their code a
bit simpler.

The window positions isn't saved anymore.

I didn't modify BApplication, because BAboutWindow is currently living lin
libshared, so we can't use it in a libbe class. I'm going to let the class
rest there for a while, because the API doesn't feel finished yet.

--
Adrien.